I don't often leave my house sans-baby, but when I do, I like to write.
There's something special about writing in a cafe. It feels both industrious and opulent, like I am an incredibly important person doing incredibly important work who also gets to eat croissants.
I thought I'd let you know my thoughts about the various places I write because A) I'm incredibly picky and B) I'm a mom. Please be advised that my requirements may be far different from yours due to these facts.
Place the first:
Sugar Loaf Bakery in Leslieville
729 Queen Street East (just east of Queen + Broadview on the south side)
Sugar Loaf Bakery Website
Reasons I like writing here:
- It's not crowded. I overheard the owner mentioning that Tuesdays are their quietest day, so if you need want to write in public without a massive crowd, it's a good option.
- It is a mom-friendly cafe, which means highchairs and stroller parking and accessible bathrooms (yussss!) If you have one of those babies who actually sits still or sleeps when you take it outside, this would be a sweet place to come and write.
- Their London Fogs pass my quality test. I am extremely picky about London Fogs.
- There's WiFi. Ask at the front and they'll give you the password.
- They have an amazing sandwich with brie and jam, as well as other delicious baked goods. You all know I'm a sucker for baked goods.
Where do you like to write?
Learn more about developing your writing life by checking out Taking Flight: 6 Weeks to an Inspired Writing Practice.