Maybe you're stuck in the middle of a tricky writing project. Maybe you've wanted to write for years but don't know where to start. Whether you're an experienced author or a complete beginner, a writing coach (that's me!) can act as a careful reader and advisor, helping point your work in the right direction -- and point you in the direction of your very best work.
Who is this coach, anyway?
I'm an MFA student of creative writing at the University of British Columbia and the winner of the 2018 RBC/PEN Canada New Voices Award. My work has been featured in Mortar Magazine, Peregrine, Literary Mama and is forthcoming in Minola Review. When I'm not leading workshops, coaching writers and taking care of my almost-kindergartener, I'm writing my first book of poetry.
Writing coaching may be for you if:
- You're in the early to middle stages of a writing project and are longing for some fresh eyes and a sympathetic ear -- or you're just getting started as a writer and need help building a thriving writing practice.
- You want top-level edits and feedback -- think story arc, not commas.
- You love the idea of receiving personalized reading lists and writing prompts.
- Whether you're just starting out or you're smack in the middle of a big writing project, you're open to suggestions and dedicated to working through your creative blocks.
It's probably not for you if:
- You want someone to be mean to you. (Do people actually want that?) I will definitely make suggestions where needed, but I'll never rip your manuscript to shreds. I'm strengths focused!
- You're already done your project and looking for a final editor.
- Your main focus is on publication. There are coaches who specialize in navigating the world of publishing, and they would probably be a better fit for you.
Coaching packages are completely personalized and start at $250/month, with a minimum three-month commitment.
Typical services include:
- Detailed feedback on your work each month.
- Coaching calls in which we talk through any issues you may be having with your writing.
- Regular (yet friendly!) deadlines to keep you accountable.
- Personalized reading lists based on your strengths and challenges.
- Writing prompts created just for you and your project.
- Other things you need! Let's talk it out.